Seeking Help

If you are experiencing homelessness, or at risk of losing housing or shelter, or have been evicted or possibly will be evicted, try calling 211 or using HelpSeeker to see what is available near you. Also below, you will find other agencies in your area that might be helpful.

Si vous êtes sans domicile fixe, si vous risquez de perdre votre logement ou votre abri, si vous avez été expulsé ou si vous risquez de l’être, essayez d’appeler le 211 ou d’utiliser HelpSeeker pour voir ce qui est disponible près de chez vous. Vous trouverez également ci-dessous d’autres agences dans votre région qui pourraient vous être utiles.

British Columbia
Newfoundland & Labrador
Nova Scotia



Halton Region


Niagara Region

Northumberland County


  • For shelter – Call 3-1-1, press 1 for English/2 for French and then press 4 for Social Services and speak to an Intake Specialist who can advise about resources and work out next steps.
  • Pour un abri – Appelez le 3-1-1, appuyez sur 1 pour l’anglais/2 pour le français, puis appuyez sur 4 pour les services sociaux et parlez à un spécialiste de l’accueil qui peut vous conseiller sur les ressources et déterminer les prochaines étapes.
  • For subsidized housing – if interested in a rent geared to income unit or applying for the rent supplement program contact the Social Housing Registry. Can download and print the application or call 613-526-2088 and have a copy mailed to you.
  • For Housing Help:
    • Housing Help, serves low- to moderate-income people with finding housing in Ottawa. To begin a process with their program call 613-563-4532 and leave a detailed message; they will return your call within 48 hours. 
    • Action Housing has a similar program and you can reach them at 613-562-8219 and leave a detailed message. Action Housing also offers have various online resources like their Tip Sheets.

Peel Region

Simcoe County


  • If you are homeless and require support, please contact the Homelessness Network:

  • Housing Support to connect you with services to return to permanent housing: 705-618-8810

  • Intake to register you with services provided by the Homelessness Network: 705-280-7888 or 705-673-9576

Stratford-Perth County-St. Marys


Wellington County

Waterloo Region

  • Housing Helpline at 519-624-9133 (available at any time). Families, please call 519-749-2450 (8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday).


York Region

Yukon Territory


If you are an agency and would like your information included on this page, please contact