The Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness leads a national movement of individuals, organizations and communities working together to end homelessness in Canada. We work towards a Canada without homelessness by helping communities and governments apply proven approaches to transform programs, policies and systems. Our small but mighty team is resolutely and solely focused on our mission to end homelessness, united by our shared values.
Board of Directors
The Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness is seeking motivated and experienced individuals who are passionate about ending homelessness to join our volunteer Board of Directors.
The CAEH is transforming from a start up non-profit corporation to a national charity and established leader of a large and growing national movement focused on ending homelessness. As part of this transformation, our Board of Directors is building its capacity to ensure a high standard of governance that keeps pace with the increasing reach, sophistication and complexity of the organization and our work.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for motivated and experienced individuals who have the skills, ability and vision to contribute as members of our volunteer Board of Directors. We are specifically seeking:
- senior finance experience, specifically a Chartered Accountant or Certified Professional Accountant with relevant charity experience who would join the finance and audit committee and support the Treasurer;
- a Human Resources lawyer to lead a new human resources committee of the Board;
- entrepreneurs, specifically people with significant senior marketing experience, experience owning and operating a successful services consulting firm and/or someone with experience in social enterprise; and,
- a director, or directors, with significant senior political experience in elected office, election campaigns and / or a senior political staff role.
The Alliance is also committed to Reconciliation and decolonization and we are specifically interested in recruiting additional Indigenous directors to the Board who can guide and support our efforts.
The Board of Directors of the CAEH has made a commitment to gender parity which will be a factor in the selection process.
Directors will be recruited to serve a two-year term with opportunity for renewal up to two times for a maximum 6-year term. Directors may live anywhere in Canada.
For more information, and a detailed description of the Director role, please download the PDF description below:
How to Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter and CV to Board@caeh.ca
Deadline: The deadline for applications is March 27, 2020
- All applications will be reviewed by the Board nominations committee and a shortlist of candidates will be selected for a telephone or online interview.
- Shortlisted candidates will be expected to complete a police criminal record and vulnerable sector check.